I have come to the conclusion that time flies way to fast. It has all ready been four months since my last blog update, which to me, is crazy. A lot has happened in such a small amount of time that I don't know if I will be able to fit it all into one post, but I shall try.
Most importantly, the person I love most in this world turned the big O-N-E. Here is another great example of the whole time flies bizz. He is becoming such a handsome little man and I am torn between wanting him to grow up or stay young forever. I love this phase he is in right now. The too scared to walk, learning to high five and jibbering at random objects. Sometimes I just sit and watch him with a huge smile on my face because he is reading a book and pointing at the pictures. I am in awe of his genius and it makes my heart swell with the things he is learning. Sometimes I feel like crying because I love him so much. which may seem weird to non-parents, but once you have a kid you should know what I mean.
His birthday was amazing. Surrounded by loving family and friends. My friend Jamie is very crafty and after seeing her make the cake for her sons birthday, I was inspired to do the same. I, of course, did seek her help in the process. Overall his cake came out amazing, minus the small flaw with the back of my elephant, but who looks at the back of the cake? Right?
Logan's dad surprising flew out for the occasion. I say surprised because even though he "wants" to be a part of his life, he hasn't shown much effort thus far. It was his first time seeing him in over 10 months. Luckily, the visit was not awkward and he was able to enjoy his time here, even after serving him with divorce papers, oops!
He was actually very reasonable about the whole thing, which was nice. I still think it was because of the tail he is chasing back home, but thats not my business anymore. He signed everything I purposed while he was here, which means we do not have to go to court. He started paying child support in October and I was granted full custody of Logan. It is nice to have made a decision and have gotten everything settled. It is time to start living fully again!
Logan and I have finally moved into our own apartment. We are on a tight budget, but it is so worth it. Logan loves all the freedom and I love watching him crawl circles around the kitchen. I was able to find a cute Christmas tree for $30 and got a few ornaments for it. My mom decided to let my sister and I pick out ornaments from our childhood tree, so that helped fill mine up a bit. It has made the apartment feel more festive as well as brought a little bit of home to it.
I have my fingers crossed in hopes I will get a nice camera for Christmas. I did not specifically request one, but Santa can be a mind reader occasionally. I have been following a blog since last January and am always really inspired to start photographing my life. If you are in need of a little inspiration, She never fails to dish it out.
So much more to say, but not enough time. Work is calling my name....



No comments:
Post a Comment